School's almost here and I have already logged many hours in the classroom. Goodbye summer break :(. I have completely changed my room around and in doing so, I realized that one of my tables had to go. It is just too big for my teeny room. Problem is, I need something to replace it. I looked into buying something new, but the type I wanted would have been minimum $200 from my own pocket. Yikes. Here is my solution:
Step 1: find old highschool science table on craigslist and score a free piece of laminate from a local cabinet refurbishing store
Step 2: enlist Dad to "help" or do most everything
Step 3: spray paint table
Step 4: chop off legs to fit little bodies comfortably (legs are already chopped on first picture)
Step 5: a little more off the bottom
Step 6: Glue laminate onto table top
Step 7: shoo off 100 lb dog who insists on climbing onto it
(tease Dad about cut off jeans and duct taped shoes)
Step 8: router the edges and give 'em a little paint
Step 9: realize this just got way too nice for markers and Elmer's glue.
Step 10: thank the best papa in the whole world
$20 table
Free laminate
$6 spray paint
Glue, edge paint, power tools from Dad
Under $30 and I love it more for the piece of Dad in it than for the fact that it truly looks fantastic!
VERY NICE! Hope your kids treat it well! :)
ReplyDeletehow about the next time you have sweet secret, like a blog, you tell me about, ok?? sweet table!!
ReplyDelete