
So here we are, nearly 10 months into our marriage and what's changed?? We're still laughing, teasing, bickering, lazy and loving. I can honestly say that it feels NO different to be married to Jace as it did to be in a plain ol' relationship with him. After 7 yrs together, what is there left to know? We've changed over the years, that's inevitable, but we are still the same goofy 16 year olds deep down. Sure Jace has a lot more hair in a lot more places and I no longer have a mound of blonde hair and mismatched black eye brows, but what two people can entertain themselves with belches, knock-down wrestling matches, and hours sitting on the couch with separate lap tops going while watching an episode of Seinfeld seen 65 times by him and never by her? (I think the show is muy stupido, but just hearing him laugh at it is entertainment enough)
Our arguments consist of.... I can't believe you did NOTHING today!!!, you slept how long???, and YOU get up and take Gibby outside, I did it last time!!! We are incredibly lazy, you see. We are currently watching the video from our wedding and I keep sneaking peeks at Jace. I caught a tear in his eye and instead of making up an excuse, he simply said, "I miss it". Honestly, how cute is that?! Quit gagging. : )
Within this year we have settled into our little house, continued to let it get messy, and then power clean for 15 minutes at a time (remember the laziness). We also bought Gibby, our source of joy and pain (in the ass region). Jace has gone from working 2-10 too many days a week to working 6pm-6am just 4 days a week. We see each other much more often now! I have gone from being a lowly substitute to teaching my preschoolers and couldn't ask for a better job! Too bad it isn't going to last : (
My New Year's resolution was to cook dinner every night and that lasted a good week and a half. Come to find out, that costs a lot more that chicken nuggets and frozen pizza. Before living with Jace I never let myself buy junk food. That was the easiest way to keep from eating it! Now, someone else brings home the junk and it's only natural for me to eat half a bag of Doritos in a sitting right?? Brownies, sure, I'll make some brownies. Gain 10 lbs in 10 months? Sure! Why not? I didn't like buttoning my pants any way! Of course Jace is as skinny as ever.... He doesn't know it but I'm giving him the evil eye as I think of his lazy man's metabolism. Gibby's up to a whopping 35 lbs and we are hoping that's the extent of her growth.
It is now an hour later than it was at the start of this post and I have successfully put off my wifely duties. Time to tackle the pile of clean laundry which is begging to be put away and the Mary Kay phone calls I promised myself to make this afternoon. Hurray for spring breaks and blissful days of nothingness. As I now like to say.... April showers bring afternoon naps!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
No comments:
Post a Comment