Friday, April 10, 2009

Sloth.... one of the seven deadly sins


Jace has been recording a series on the History Channel about the 7 Deadly Sins and I have been watching them as they record. Last nights was about the sin of sloth. Did I mention that Jace and I are pretty lazy? This show scared the *bleep* out of me!!

*Speaking of being scared- Jace told me last night not to expect him home until after 7 this morning because he had a meeting after work. (He normally walks in the door at 6:30-clockwork) At 6:25 Gibby woke me up with the usual paws up on the bed and nose in my face which means "I gotta pee!" I took her out and brought her back to our bedroom where she usually lays back down until her Papa comes home. Well, this morning, Papa didn't come home at 6:30.....Gibby was distraught. She's got an amazing internal clock! She stared and whined at the bedroom door for 20 minutes before I was so annoyed that I got out of bed and started to drag her to the laundry room to be locked up so I could sleep. At this time it was about 10 til 7 and I didn't expect Jace for another half hour. Walking with my head down and eyes still half shut, I made it to the kitchen at the same time as an unexpected Jace. I screamed something like "OH MY GOSH!" while grabbing my heart and urging it to calm back down to it's normal pattern. Jace just laughed while I staggered back to the bedroom praying that this sudden shock wouldn't keep me from falling back asleep..................................It didn't : ) God is good!

Back to our scary sloth.... some think it's a disease and some a demonic possession. WHAT?! Two things that I don't enjoy considering in my own life. The slothful sinners are said to go to hell to be condemned to float around in a grubby looking bog. Stuck there forever. I can't imagine that putting off laundry could have that kind of impact on my chances to get into Heaven. By the way, I got that laundry put away last night!! I am a PRO crastinator; always have been. I think I work best under pressure. If I wasn't so good at procrastination, I am pretty sure you'd be seeing me driving around a pink Cadillac by now. I go to bed with good intentions for the following day and somehow the day is over and I wonder where my time went. It makes no sense. Getting things done feels so good!! Why wouldn't I want that feeling all the time?!

Here's my list of things to accomplish today. Hold me to them.
-Wake up by 10 (It's my spring break!)
-Breakfast, walk Gibby, shower
-Clean floors
-Organize spare bedroom/BoFlex room
-Lunch Break
-Go to Dayton to pick up our new coffee table (Never thought I'd want one, but I do)
-Dinner with the hubby
-Jace will assemble coffee table while I get ready to go out
-Jace will start to get ready to go out and finish before me even though I had a head start
-Over to my friend Melissa's new house!!

I know I'll at least get my eating in! Hopefully I can stick to the rest : ) I should have given up t.v. and Facebook for Lent. That would have been a productive 40 days!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...so you think you're pretty darn cool putting music on your blog and all. Knowing full well what my limits are on this computer. I can usually figure out how to do a bunch of stuff on here - mostly by trial and error - but I have no idea how to put music on. I may have to bow down to you or raise my little white flag in defeat...especially when it comes to your laziness...er...I mean sleepiness! You should know it's bad when I'm afraid to call you before noon because you might be sleeping! WAKE UP! You've got laundry to fold! ;o)

    ReplyDelete