"When you complain, it is insulting to God and his provisions for you." Wow... tough stuff.
I have decided to make a list of my reoccurring complaints.

At least we're not chocolate bunnies!!
- My house is too small!!
The real problem is.... my junk is too plentiful! I am in a home with 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room, and laundry room. How is that too small for 2 people and a pooch?? Sure I don't have a dishwasher, basement to stash my Christmas tree in, or an attached 2 car garage to save me from freezing while scraping away at my windows in the morning, but are those really worth complaining about?? God provided us with a home that we pay next to nothing for, a landlord (my pop) who doesn't complain when the rent comes on the 20th of the month instead of the 1st, and a great big yard for Gibby to roam (and poop) on. If you have seen our home, you know that we have definitely made it out own. The once entirely wood paneled home now has painted walls, some of our furniture is hand-me-down but perfect (thanks to mom and dad-in-law), and the decorations are cute if I do say so myself! We have heat in the winter and central air in the summer. It's a great house and instead of complaining or thinking about looking elsewhere, I'm now thanking God for such a perfect first home. How many people are on the streets without a home or are constantly being evicted because they can not make the rent?!
- I don't have a job next fall!!
I enjoy the job that I have been given for the next two months. I am sad that the position will no longer be available for next school year. Teaching jobs are nearly impossible to find and the few openings have hundreds of applicants. Can I complain when I knew the low employment numbers for Early Childhood Education when I picked my major?? No, I don't think I can. I was stubborn. That is what I want to do!! And now I have to wait until I get my opportunity. Can do. I will find something else this summer and if something doesn't appear, I will go back to subbing. I stayed fairly busy and although it isn't steady and the pay isn't great, I enjoy it most days. There are so many people being laid off and my husband is not one of them. Again, thanking God. My Mary Kay business came into my life almost a year ago and although I haven't been exhausting my opportunities fully, I am doing well and know that I can step it up, do more parties, and bring in more money while helping women feel beautiful!! I don't have to fear that I will be disposed of.... that will never happen. While other companies are laying off, Mary Kay is offering promotions and even a free starter kit this month! They aren't firing, they're hiring!!
-There's nothing to eat in this house!!
Get off your rear and go grocery shopping! Easy solution. I have money, I can afford to eat, I am not living off bread and water. Although, if it was yummy bread I bet I could!
-My house is a mess!
Again, the rear thing.
-I hate putting away laundry!!
Don't buy so much dang clothes!! I don't like that solution. You know that pile I wrote about a couple of days ago??? Still there, still begging.
-My butt's too big!!
Haha! Again, gotta get off the rear to make it any smaller! The sun was out today and I took advantage and took Gibbs out for a walk. That's a start. Too bad I then stopped at the Dairy King in Loramie and had a Storm 66- Brownie with chocolate ice cream..... YUM!!!
Tomorrow I am going to go the whole day without complaining! I'll let you know how it goes. Either I will feel great and ready to make it a habit for life or.............. my head will explode. Fingers crossed for number 1!!
I'm needing to work on that "rear" thing, too. Call me when you want to meet up with me for a walk. Until then you can find my rear on the couch...
ReplyDelete