Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hooooly Saturday!

Whatta party!! Nothing like celebrating Jesus's resurrection with bottle after bottle of wine, inappropriate conversation, and waaaay too much food! We had Jace's mom's side's Easter party tonight. Fried chicken in a styrofoam box makes any get together a party but wine and Eilerman women make it a PAAAARTAY! I always knew they were a fun group but never knew their hidden bad girl tendencies - tattoos, piercings in hidden places, and excessive drinking :) All false, but funny! We did end up going through about 5 bottles of wine (or should I say, Bloomer Remover) between us. I honestly can't recall the majority of what we talked about, not because I was drunk. I do know it never ceased to be entertaining. Did that wine really taste like stinky feet? No, I think it tasted more like salami and cheese. Either way.... BLECK! Good thing Shelly was there to "take one for the team" and chug the remnants.
I probably had the longest conversation with my new sister-in-law that I have in all 7 years of knowing her. It was great and I hope we can be close (although I don't know if I will never be able to discuss certain bedroom topics which include her little brother) We are already setting up times to get crazy together and hopefully getting Carol tipsy along with us! Yes, mom-in-law, I know you're reading..... sounds like fun, huh?!
Our niece, Carissa, was a constant entertainment as well. 3 years old and wise beyond her years. The best is her new fascination with asking...."You got boobs?" HAHAHA!
I doooo love my family-in-laws!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm....how about we spice up some of the Hoying get-togethers with some of that wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly,

    I don't know about you, but my bloomers stayed on all night. Glad you had fun as I did as well. Thanks for coming!

    Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete