Monday, April 6, 2009

Step 1: Thought Vomit

Gross title, I know. I had no idea how to begin so I decided that the best way to get organized was to lay out the millions of thoughts running through my head. Gotta get the nitty gritty out of the way!

-I've heard the first year of marriage is the hardest. This has been cake so I hope that's true! We are going to have a life of sipping lemonade by our pool while our children frolic in the yard and our wait staff take care of the rest : ) More on our first year to come....

-I love my job as a preschool special education teacher in Piqua but found out that their numbers are not high enough for me to continue next year. Back to the job search. Yuck! Expect posts on the hilarious 3-5 year olds in my class as well as my progress on the job hunt.

-Beginning my Mary Kay business was one of the best decisions of my life. I am having a hard time overcoming some of the fears I have about really putting myself out there and doing big things with it. I will share some of the amazing words of wisdom I have heard, later. It's truly a wonderful opportunity and the women I am surrounded with are fabulous!

-My family is AMAZING! First of all, my parents are such a blessing! Mom has always been a great support and put up with my endless quirks. How annoying it must be to have your daughter beg you to sleep in her bunkbed with her until she falls asleep, attempting to sneak out only to be caught and followed. I think I spent the first 10 years of my life sleeping on cushions next to their bed. Dad (aka Whitey) is a great resource when life hits hard. His ability to make me laugh while laughing at himself can not be matched. He's the youngest 63 year old I know!! Beginning life with teenage siblings is a little out of the ordinary but I wouldn't have it any other way. We are best friends and I know I can call them crying, laughing, or grouching. My nieces and nephews are so much fun and I love them all for different reasons. From 13 year old Toni and our shopping trips down to 2 year old Abby with her nail polish lipstick, they each have their own personality and I will note those each someday. My inlaws are even amazing! I couldn't ask for better. I'm a lucky girl!

-Our puppy, Gibson (Gibby) was worth every rediculous cent we spent on her. She is a major source of entertainment and unconditional love. Dogs don't care how much money you have, whether you clean the floors regularly, or if you occasionally have a grouchy day. All they care about is that their food bowl is filled and your hands are ready for some nonstop ear scratching. You will definitly read plenty of stories about her antics.

-My faith is strong but is constantly in need of a pick me up. Working on that one....

-My friends are having babies!! Hurray for them and I can't wait to meet the little ones later this year! I have always had a thing for babies. Seriously, I can't get enough of them. I once asked a stranger at Bdubs that I was serving if I could hold their little fussy one. She said no. HAHAHA So awkard! It doesn't stop me from making faces at babies in church, hording babies at family get togethers, and coming up with new fun noises to get their attention.

-Our little house has been such a blessing! It's a great size for our new family. We have done so much to make it our own but we are starting to think about finding a place that will be more permanant. It's rough without a basement and a Bowflex that takes up an entire bedroom. A new home is going to take some serious moolah and will start the lovely "conversation" about where that house will be located.

-I miss my highschool girlfriends and wish they would move home! We used to have so much fun and we are all over Ohio right now. Our 5 year reunion is coming up and I can't wait!! I have a hand or two full of college friends who I hope to always stay in contact with. I can't believe the days of exams, papers, crazy roommates, parties, and dirty apartments are over!! It's crazy the things you miss!

-I'm sure there are so many more things that will pop into my head later that I will feel the need to share and you can decide whether or not you'd like to read : )

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Boogs. You've successfully one-upped me. I am offended that you did not mention that I am your FAVORITE sister. Also, your mention of a new house and not sure of WHERE that will be yet made my stomach churn. If you don't live in or around Russia I may never speak to you again. My kids will be available for babysitting yours ONLY if you live within an 2 mile radius of our house. Just thought I'd give ya a little food for thought. I couldn't imagine you moving any farther away. Besides, SOMEONE else needs to stay close by to help me take care of Mom & Dad someday. Also, I'll more than likely need you to help take care of ME someday, too! Congrats on the blog, you copy-cat. I am taking it as the most sincerest form of flattery and if you know any better, you won't tell me otherwise! ;)

    ReplyDelete